Grilled White Fish with Tomatoes and Olives
Just add a green vegetable and rice or potatoes for a great mediterranean meal.
- 1 ½ lbs cod, sole, sea bass or swordfish steaks, about ½ to ¾ inch thick
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, red and yellow if possible
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh basil
YIELD: Serves 4
- Marinate fish in olive oil, salt and rosemary for about one hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet and add garlic. Cook gently about 1 minute until fragrant and add tomatoes. Cook 5 to 10 minutes until tomatoes burst and become saucy. Do not let garlic brown — add a few tablespoons of water if necessary. Add olives, season with salt and pepper.
- Eight minutes before serving, heat a heavy skillet, then turn heat to low. Cook fish 3 to 4 minutes per side until just cooked through.
- Serve with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil.