Great Northern Baked Beans
Comfort food at its finest.
3 (16-ounce) cans Great Northern (or cannellini) beans
4 strips Harvest or other high-quality bacon, diced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Vidalia or sweet onions, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Crosby's molasses
1 156 ml can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons Keen's powdered mustard
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Rosemary
1-2 teaspoons Tobasco Chipotle sauce
YIELD: 4-6 as meal, 8-12 as a side dish
COURSE: Casseroles and One Pots
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Total Time: 1 hrs 10 min
- Heat the oven to 350º F.
- Pour the beans including their liquid into a medium oven-proof covered casserole pot. (such as Emile Henri)
- In a medium skillet, place the diced bacon, onion, and garlic. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Remove from heat and add to beans.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, molasses, tomato paste, and mustard. Stir to combine well. Pour into the casserole pot.
- Place in oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving. Can be made a day ahead and reheated.
- Serve with weiners or sausages