Apple Country Chicken Thighs
Great week-night fare. Works with any fowl parts ( breasts, legs, tenders).
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large Nicola, Jonagold or Fuji apple, cored, and sliced
- 1 large yellow or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Apple juice or cider (the cloudy kind is best)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 per person)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
YIELD: Serves 4
COURSE: Chicken & Other Birds
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the chicken until golden. Add sliced apples, onion, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, honey, mushrooms, broth, and apple juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 8 minutes until the chicken is fork-tender. Remove the chicken, and apple slices and keep warm
- Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over the chicken sprinkle with parsley and serve.