Poulet en Papillote
Low-fat cooking en papillote pampers food while preserving flavours. Good for company as most of the prep can be done ahead of time.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
YIELD: Serves 4
COURSE: Chicken & Other Birds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper (aluminum foil can be used if you are in a bind) for the papillotes, about 12 x 16 inches in size. Place a chicken breast on one half of the parchment. Distribute grapes, mushrooms, and tarragon over the chicken. Spoon a little brandy over the top and season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages, either with kitchen string or staples and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on chicken thickness). Open one package and check for doneness. Chicken should no longer be pink inside. Open and transfer packages to plates. Serve.
- Goes well with a dark green vegetable and bulgur, polenta, or basmati rice.