Tapas-Style Sauteed Mushrooms
A Spanish classic.
16 ounces mushrooms (white or brown button)
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup Marsala or Oloroso Sherry
1/4 cup freshly minced parsley
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 pinch coarse salt
YIELD: 6 servings
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
- use a wet cloth to remove any dirt from the mushrooms .
- Heat the butter in a stainless steel or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, add the garlic; Let it bubble for 30 seconds. Add the Marsala/Sherry and bring back to a bubble.
- Toss in the mushrooms, cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the lid, throw in a pinch of salt and simmer 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve right out of the skillet, or on appetizer plates!