Lemon Chicken Linguini
Pasta tossed with red chilies, garlic, sliced chicken, parsley and Parmesan.
Fairly quick: about 20 minutes prep and total time 35 minutes.
- 8 ounces long, thin pasta such as Linguini or Fettuccine
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper such as Fresno, Jalapeno or Serrano, rinsed, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, (your choice of colour), de-seeded, deveined, and chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, 1/4 inch diced
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders or breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
YIELD: Serves 2 or three as a main dish
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta when you start this recipe. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. While the water is coming to a boil and while the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the recipe as follows.
- Heat oil in a medium to large skillet on medium heat. Put the chicken pieces in the skillet and saute on low heat until internal temperature is about 130 degrees F. set aside in a covered bowl. In the same pan, add the onion, peppers, and the sliced garlic. Cook until lightly browned, then remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Thinly slice and de-seed the chiles. Add the sliced chiles to the hot oil and cook for about a minute.
- Add the bell peppers and tomatoes to the pan. Increase the heat to high, cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently; then lower the heat. Return the chicken, and cook until the chicken and peppers are done, about 4 minutes, turning once.
- Add the drained, cooked pasta to the skillet with the chicken, garlic, chiles, and oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and toss to combine. To serve, portion out into bowls, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, chopped parsley, and a little lemon juice.