Quinoa Chicken Burrito Bowl
A little bit Mexican - Peruvian
For the Quinoa Burrito Bowls
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups quick refried black beans (recipe below)
2 breasts shredded chicken
1 recipe guacamole
1 cup tomatillo salsa
For the Quick Refried Black Beans
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
15 ounces canned black beans
1/3 cup water
YIELD: serves 4 persons
COURSE: Chicken & Other Birds
- For the Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Layer 4 bowls each with 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the re-fried black beans on top of each portion of quinoa, followed by equal amounts of the shredded chicken.
- Add toppings to the quinoa burrito bowls and serve immediately.
- I make the guacamole by munching two avocados with half a tub of Litehouse avocado dip, but you can make it by any method.
- For the Quick re-fried Black Beans
- In a large skillet add the olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onions along with the red pepper flakes, paprika and cayenne pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the drained beans and water and let the beans cook for about 5-10 minutes until they become soft.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed. Use as needed.