Chicken, Pancetta Wrapped
Genuine Italian home cooking from Berta, who lives just outside of San Gimignano, Italy
- 4 chicken breasts, without tenders
- 120 gr. unsalted butter
- 16 to 20 slices of pancetta (or bacon) to completely wrap each breast
- 3 sprigs each of fresh tarragon, savory and thyme
- olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each chicken breast almost through, to make a large flat sheet. Place each breast on the counter. Cover with saran wrap and pound until approximately 1/2 cm thick.
Prepare some herbed butter by striping the leaves off all the herbs, chopping the herbs finely and mixing them into the butter with a fork.
Place a thick ridge of herbed butter on the middle of each breast and then roll the breasts up neatly.
- Cover each breast with pancetta. Start by cutting one pancetta strip in half and using it to cover the two ends. Wrap 4 more strips around the length of the breast. Drizzle the breasts with a little olive oil. Line a pie plate with parchment and place the breasts in it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turning the breasts halfway through cooking.
- 4 portions as part of a main (secondo) course
- Chicken & Other Birds
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min