Italian White Bean Salad
The dressing works with the beans very nicely in this salad. You can turn it into a whole meal by adding some tuna, prosciutto, or chicken tenders, and/or Romano cheese flakes. Variation: add some 1/4 inch zucchini cubes and small torn pieces of radicchio
- 2 14 ounce cans of white beans, such as Great Northern, or Cannellini drained and rinsed
- 4-5 tablespoons, olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- a small handful of feta or pecorino Romano cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano or tarragon (use fresh if available)
- 14 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or a handful of peppadew peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- a handful of finely chopped parsley
- a handful of finely chopped fresh chives, if available
- Serve with slices of Baguette or Foccacia bread
YIELD: 4 servings. Easily divisible for 2 servings.
COURSE: Salads and Dressings
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to overnight. Sprinkle with parsley and chives just before serving.