Salmon and Bell Peppers
Yields 2 servings
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips, by 1 to 3 inches long
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut as above
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 baby zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon, white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of white table wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, oregano or marjoram leaves
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
YIELD: 2 servings
- Heat the olive oil in a 12"+ fry-pan and saute the peppers over high heat for one minute, stirring. Add the zucchini and tomatoes, saute a second minute. Add the garlic and saute a third minute, still stirring, of course.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and put in the salmon. Cook 1 minute and then turn the fish over.
- Add your wine. Sprinkle the veggies and fish with your herb(s), parsley and cayenne. Spoon some veggies over the salmon.
- Put the lid on the fry-pan and cook at low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon flakes when fork-tested.