Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Goes great with steak, pork loin roast, salmon, keftas or lamb roast
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel (no white stuff allowed)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Vegetables for skewer 1
- red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- patty-pan squashes
- Japanese or Okanagan eggplants
- Green or yellow zucchini
- Vegetables for skewer 2
- Italian plum or cocktail tomatoes
- Large white or Crimini mushroom
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the stems, core, and cut out the white pith. Cut the zucchinis, patty-pan and eggplants into rounds. Remove stems from the mushrooms. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour into a large freezer bag. Add the vegetables and marinate in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours.
Put vegetables on skewers, alternating kinds.
Grill the skewer 1 (longer cooking) vegetables using medium or medium-low heat setting. After about 8 minutes, add the skewer 2 (shorter cooking time) vegetables. You may also want to add some corn on the cob, which you place directly on the grill, no skewer needed.