Roasted Root Vegetables
A fall and winter classic. Excellent with Thanksgiving turkey.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into inch thick coins
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and cut into inch thick coins
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium to large onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 golden beets, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
YIELD: Serves 10 or so
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hrs 5 min
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the vegetables, garlic, and herbs to it.
- Drizzle the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice over the melange. Season and toss to coat. Roast until tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 to 50 minutes.