From Sweden. Very delicious, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Variation: sprinkle potatoes with cheese 30 minutes into cooking.
- 6-8 Medium Size Potatoes, peeled
- 2 - 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 30-40 g Butter
- Maldon or Fleur de sel Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
YIELD: 6-8 servings
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hrs 0 min
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F).
- Slice a "long-ways" thin sliver off each potato to make them sit steady. Stick a skewer through each one about 1/2 inch from the base. This will prevent the knife from cutting right through the potato. At 1/8 inch intervals, slice the potatoes downward toward the skewer. Then remove the skewer. Soak and rinse potatoes a few times to remove excess starch.
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits. Scatter some butter on top of each potato. Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.