Herbed Beans Provencal
Both healthy and appetizing. these beans are seasoned with just the right amount of herbs. Serve them as a side for Chicken Provencal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, or 6 leaves fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped fairly finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 15 oz. cans of cannellini or white kidney beans
YIELD: 6 servings
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until they are tender and translucent. Add garlic, herbs, tomatoes and salt; lower heat slightly and sauté for 1 minute. Add lemon juice and beans; heat through. Add the parsley and heat 30 seconds more. Serve warm.