The bay (laurel) leaf and olive oil do great things to a potato.
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
4 large bay leaves or 8 smalls
freshly ground pepper
YIELD: 4 potatoes
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
- Peel the potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise in half .
- Prepare a pie plate by lining it with parchment paper. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover each potato half with a large bay leaf, drizzle each half with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Re-assemble each potato with it original half, aligning the edges perfectly, then keep closed using toothpicks.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot.