Corn, Red Pepper, Scallions and Capers
This side dish, together with a chicken breast, fish filet, or pork tenderloin is a great calorie wise dinner
- 2 ears of corn, shucked , or 2 cups of frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced anaheim peppers (optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caper juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
YIELD: serves 4 as a side dish
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
Prep Time: 3 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Fire up a saute pan or outside barbeque and grill the corn, turning often, until it is slightly charred.
- Cut kernels off the cobs, cutting close to the cobs; or thaw your frozen corn and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, anaheim peppers, green onions, capers, salt, and pepper to the saute pan. Saute 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Serve as soon as possible to maintain the vegetable's temperature.