Linguine with Scampi Shrimp and Basil
Takes about 40 minutes to make.
- 12 ounces linguine, preferably fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 450 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 8-ounce bottles clam juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 16 on-the-vine cherry tomatoes
YIELD: Serves 4
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes in a small casserole dish. Add salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, Drain.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté shrimp until almost opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Add onions to the same skillet; sauté 2-3 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice. Boil about 2 minutes. Add clam juice and cream; boil until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Return shrimp and juices to skillet. Add pasta; toss to coat. Mix in basil, and reserved tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add a finishing drizzle of olive oil.