Ginger Salmon with Peaches and Red Onions
In winter, mangoes can stand in for the peaches, and in June, July, apricots can do the job.
- 1 tablespoon rice or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 small or medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 peaches, 5 apricots or 3 mangoes, cut into wedges
- 4 150 g salmon fillets
- Heat saute pan to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions, peaches, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Saute the salmon, peaches and onions until the salmon is opaque throughout and onions are tender, 3 to 5 minutes per side. (internal temperature 130 degrees F.)
- Drizzle salmon with vinaigrette and serve.
- 4 servings