Open Shrimp Sandwich - Raksmorgas
An easy to make, quick, classic Swedish lunch.
4 slices good quality bread
6-8 tbsp mayonnaise
8-12 lettuce leaves
400 g cooked shrimps - hand or machine peeled
1 lemon (some juice and some slices for garnish)
8 small sprigs of dill
4-8 cherry tomatoes
YIELD: Serves 4
COURSE: Sandwiches and Lunch
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes (longer for bigger eggs). Plunge into cold water. After 1 minute, drain and cover with more cold water. Shell when cold.
- Spread a light coating of mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Add the lettuce leaves and spread lightly with mayonnaise.
- Slice the eggs and spread them out on top of the lettuce.
- Lay the prawns on top of the egg slices.
- Garnish with dill sprigs, lemon-slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the prawns and then add a couple of teaspoons of mayonnaise on top of each sandwich.