yields 6 appetizer servings
18 thin slices prosciutto
18 fresh basil leaves
18 extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
18 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup olive oil
YIELD: 18 appetizzers
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on work surface, short end parallel to edge. Place 1 basil leaf at 1 short end of prosciutto slice. Place 1 shrimp atop basil leaf. Roll up shrimp in prosciutto. Thread shrimp on skewer.
- Repeat with remaining prosciutto, basil, shrimp and skewers. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Combine vinegar, mustard and garlic in blender. Gradually add oil; blend well. Transfer to small bowl. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Grill wrapped shrimp until opaque in center, turning frequently, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Serve hot or at room temperature with sauce.