Brochettes of Shrimp and scallops with Champagne Butter
Goes well with a frizzante or bubbly wine.
- 8 large scallops, halved into 2 rounds each
- 16 large shrimp
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 8 skewers, soaked in water if wooden
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each of chives and parsley, finely chopped
YIELD: Makes 8 skewers.
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
- In a mixing bowl, combine the scallops, shrimp, lime juice, fish sauce and ginger. Marinate for 10 minutes. Thread two shrimp and two scallop pieces on each skewer. Brush the seafood with the oil and place on pre-heated grill or grill pan and grill until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes on each side (or sear in a heavy skillet).
- When seafood is cooked, transfer skewers onto plates and drizzle with Champagne butter. Serve immediately.