Flavoured with coconut, curry paste and basil.
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp green curry paste
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 whole chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
YIELD: Serves 4
COURSE: Casseroles and One Pots
- In a large saucepan, fry the diced chicken with a little butter until the chicken is just cooked. Reserve.
- In the same pan, whisk the curry paste and the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peppers, and mushrooms. Season with the fish sauce and the basil. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked, adding the chicken about halfway. Serve over rice and garnish with whole basil leaves or chopped peanuts as desired.