A must try
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts, toasted (125 ml)
- 1 tbl sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbl olive oil
YIELD: Serves 2 - 4
COURSE: Salads and Dressings
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, strawberries, almonds, sesame seeds, and feta.
- Cooks and cooks' helpers treat the almonds as snack food. It's best to double the almonds so that by the time the salad is ready to serve, there'll be some almonds left!
- Gently toss until the spinach is evenly coated with dressing
- Substitutions: Try using fresh raspberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, or blueberries.