Creamy Garlic Scallops
These creamy garlic scallops are just as good as restaurant scallops with minimal ingredients and maximum flavour!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 pounds (600 grams) scallops
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
1 cup cream (light, or full fat )
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
YIELD: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
- Thoroughly pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without overcrowding the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Add cream and allow to simmer until slightly thickened. Remove pan from the heat; stir in lemon juice and add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.