The combination of dill, honey, and butter equals delicious. You may also try the parsnip variation.
- 1 lb. rainbow carrots and / or fresh parsnips
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or dried if necessary)
- 1 tsp. kosher, Maldon or fleur de sel salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional extra)
- 2 tbsp. soft honey or maple syrup
YIELD: 4 to 6 vegetable servings
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scrub the carrots, leave them whole if small or cut in half lengthwise if large. Leave the top greens on if desired. rub the carrots all over with butter, then coat them with dill, salt, and pepper. Finally, drizzle them with honey or syrup.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, turning at the half way point.