Tangy balsamic vinegar and a touch of salt turn olive oil and sauteed peppers into a great side dish.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon salt
YIELD: 4 servings
COURSE: Vegetables and Sides
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- In a large skillet, stir together the olive oil and peppers over medium heat.
- Saute the pepper for 5-7 minutes, until they are tender but still firm.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt; cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Transfer the peppers and sauce to a dish and serve hot.