Sausages with Acorn Squash
The sweetness of the squash and dried cherries is a great counterpoint to savoury sausages.
- 1 large acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges (or half fennel and half onion)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 hot or sweet Italian sausages (3/4 pound total)
- 8 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup grated aged Asiago or Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or plums, chopped
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash and onion with oil and arrange in an even layer; season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausages to the sheet pan. Roast until vegetables are just tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Sprinkle Asiago and sage over vegetables and broil until cheese is bubbling and the sausages are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cherries to serve.
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cooking Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min