Chicken with white wine and herb gravy
This chicken with white wine and herb sauce is a delicious dish sure to please the whole family.
- The Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, 150 to 200 g each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- The Sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
YIELD: Serves 4 persons
COURSE: Chicken & Other Birds
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through; 3 to 5 more minutes. Transfer chicken pieces to a platter and set aside.
- Place skillet over medium heat; add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 30 seconds. Add wine and stir to combine. Cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chives, parsley, basil, and butter; season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet. Using a spoon, coat chicken pieces with sauce. Serve immediately.