Pan Seared Steelhead Trout with Blueberry Salsa
A Steelhead is just a rainbow trout that decided to go to sea. It looks and tastes pretty much like coho salmon. We’re cooking these beauties on a skillet to get that addicting crispy skin.
- 600g. skin-on steelhead trout, cut into 4 fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
YIELD: 4 servings
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides of the fish.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is sizzling, add the fillets skin side down. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 3 minutes. Then flip each fillet and continue to cook until cooked through (about 135 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove onto a clean plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- To make the sauce, see this recipe.