Pears with Pecorino and Honey
We had this dish in a little restaurant in Fiesole, a suburb of Florence on our trip to Italy. We have always remembered how great it was, and when I came across a similar recipe by Martha Stewart I knew it had to be immortalized in the cloud.
- 6 ounces Pecorino Toscana Fresca
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and sliced
- Honey, for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped skinned almonds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup arugula
YIELD: Serves 4
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
- Divide the arugula among the 4 plates.
- Slice the cheese thinly and also divide among the 4 plates. Scatter the nuts over the cheese.
- Place the pears in a fan at the side of the plate. Warm honey and drizzle over pears and cheese.
- Grind pepper over each plate, and serve.