A colorful composed salad, imported to Canada from Arizona by Ali, Shelley Adams daughter.
Adding some salmon or chicken makes this a full meal.
- 1/2 cup pesto or 1/2 cup LiteHouse Avocado Dip
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced, or equivalent cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup assiago, parmeson or grano padano cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or black currants
- 1 cup cooked corn niblets, in summer, sliced off fresh cobs
- 1 to 2 avocadoes, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
COURSE: Salads and Dressings
- Place pesto shallot, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place arugula, tomatoes, asiago, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, corn, avocado and quinoa in rows on individual dishes, or on a large square platter.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving. Serve the remainder in a small bowl.