One of our year-round favourites. Often made by Oma and the grandchildren
- 2 cup butter
- 2 to 3 ckups sugar
- 3 to 4 eggs, depending on size
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 6 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons cloves
- 3 teaspoons ginger
YIELD: roughly 5 dozen
COURSE: Bread and Baking
Prep Time: 45 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hrs 0 min
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, then add the molasses.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients and knead into the butter mixture
- Shape the dough into fairly small balls and roll in sugar and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake on greased cookie sheets for 12 to 15 minutes until they reach the desired crispness. Cool on the baking sheets and store them in tin boxes.