Green Goddess Dressing
Green Goddess was invented in the 20s, by the chef at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, to commemorate the actor George Arliss and his play, The Green Goddess.
- 1 tablespoon canned anchovies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped tarragon
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 drops of hot sauce (your choice)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
YIELD: about 2 cups
COURSE: Salads and Dressings
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a handheld blender and blend until you get a smooth dressing, about 1 minute.
- Toss with salad greens for a dressing, or serve as a dip.