Olives and Oranges on Toast
This recipe features olives prominently. Pan fried olives are a popular quick meze in many parts of Greece.
- 1 small Cara cara or blood orange
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- a cup or more of Greek wrinkled (or smooth) black olives
- 1 large garlic clove, cut into very small chunks
- 3.4 teaspoon Greek oregano
YIELD: 4 appetizers
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
- Optionally keep the peel on the orange. Cut it into small wedges. In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the olives, garlic, and orange wedges and skake that pan back and forth to coat them with the oil. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until the olives are warmed through and the garlic is soft.
- Stir in the oregano, and transfer to a bowl. Serve