Garden Peas, Prosciutto and Burrata
Peas, prosciutto and burrata are combining forces for the ultimate seasonal appetizer. It’s ready to serve in fifteen minutes and you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup (30g) finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for finishing
- ⅓ cup (75ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 10-ounce (280g) package frozen peas, completely thawed
- 4 ounces (115g) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 6 ounces (170g) burrata cheese
- Fresh dill fronds, for garnish
- Toasted crostini or crackers, for serving
YIELD: Serves 6 as a substantial appetizer.
COURSE: Appetizers Tapas Meze
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- Place the garlic in a medium bowl and add the Pecorino, a few tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and plenty of black pepper, and whisk to combine. Add half of the thawed peas and the sliced sugar snap peas. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Using the back of a fork, roughly smash the rest of the peas into a chunky mash and add them to the bowl, stirring to combine. Transfer the pea mixture to a serving platter. Scatter the sliced prosciutto on top, then tear the burrata and scatter that on top as well. Garnish with fresh dill fronds and serve with crostini or crackers.