A great accompaniment to salmon or pork tenderloin.
- 8 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 cups sweet onions, diced
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (start with 1/4 cup, add more as needed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 to 3 chili flakes
YIELD: about 8 jars
COURSE: Condiments and Sauces
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hrs 30 min
Total Time: 2 hrs 0 min
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the blueberries and onions are really soft.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars and seal with hot lids. ( boil the lids for about 5 minutes).