Rhubarb Strawberry Pie
This is a delicious, quite tart dessert. Serve with whipping cream or ice cream if desired.
Raspberries are a good alternative to the strawberries.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons minute tapioca
- enough pie dough for a covered pie
YIELD: 1 pie
- Mix the first four ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put the mixture into a prepared (crust already inserted) 9 inch pie pan. Cover with the top layer of crust.
- Pinch the two layers together and then cut vent holes in the top layer. Chill well for at least an hour.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the pie on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for about 1 hour.