Making your own marzipan or almond paste couldn't possibly be any easier - or tastier!
- 3 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups icing (powdered) sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon quality rose water
- 1/4 cup egg whites
YIELD: about 1 pound of marzipan
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- Blend sugar and almonds in a food processor. Add the almond extract and rosewater. Mix again. Add egg whites and mix until the mixture comes together.
Roll into a roll about 5 inches (15 cm) long. Roll tightly with a plastic bag and store in the fridge, or for later use in the freezer.
Note: If the mass is too soft, add a little more ground almonds. It does harden as it cools.