Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Potatoes
Crispy, golden Smashed Potatoes with sour cream and green onions! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these baby Yukon gold potatoes are sure to be your new favorite side dish! These little spuds are boiled until tender, smushed, and then finish in the oven until crispy. Add your favorite toppings and you have one fantastic smashed potatoes recipe!
- 1-1 ½ pounds yellow baby potatoes
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream
- finely chopped parsley
- chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring them to a boil and cook at a steady simmer for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let them cool slightly - about 10 minutes.
- Either on a dish towel or directly on the baking pan - gently but firmly crush each potato until their about ½ inch thick.
- With a spatula transfer them carefully to the baking pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake them for 15 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 15 minutes, or until they're crisp and a bit brown around the edges. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste. Drop dollops of sour cream over the potatoes and sprinkle with scallions and parsley.
- 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cooking Time:
- 45 min
- Total Time:
- 55 min