Spanish Pizza with Chorizo and Manchego
Traditional Spanish ingredients inspired this pizza. Be sure to buy Spanish chorizo, a ready-to-eat cured sausage, rather than fresh Mexican chorizo.
- For the dough:
- Use this crust recipe
- For the sauce:
- Use this sauce recipe
- For the pizza:
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 small red or Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted piquillo peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup manzanillo olives or other green Spanish olives, pitted and halved
- 3 oz. Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
YIELD: one 12 inch pizza
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch round and transfer to a floured pizza peel. Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border uncovered. Sprinkle with the cheese, then top with the onion, peppers, olives, and chorizo.
- Transfer the pizza to the pizza oven. Bake until crisp and browned. This will take about 12 minutes in a 475 degree F oven or 6 minutes in a 570 degree F premium oven, rotating the pizza as needed to ensure even browning.
- Transfer to a cutting board: let cool for 2 minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately