A Traditional Calabrese pizza with stewed tomatoes, anchovies, sausage, and kalamata olives.
- Pizza crust: Recipe found here
- 1 400 g can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tub Fior de latte
- 1 link of Calabrian sausage, cut into coins
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Calabrian jarred peppers or 1/4 teaspoon Thai pepper flakes
YIELD: 1 pizza
Prep Time: 35 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hrs 0 min
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll or spread your dough to desired pan size and thickness (traditionally this is not a thick pizza) and place on a greased pan.
- Split the olives in half and take out the pits. Drain tomatoes in a colander.
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, olives, anchovies, salt, oregano, olive oil, and hot peppers. Spread onto pizza dough evenly. Scatter with the sausage coins. Spread the fior de latte on top of the pizza.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!